What is the School Advisory Council?
The Sandhill Elementary School Advisory Council consists of school administrators, staff, parents and business partners who assist in the evaluation and preparation of our School Improvement Plan. There are 8 monthly meetings averaging 80% attendance of members at each meeting. Meetings are held on the second to last Wednesday of each month at 4:00 pm. Serving on this committee is an excellent way for working parents to become involved with the school.
The following is a list of things that the SAC does during the meetings:
- Determines school improvement priorities.
- Publicizes the School Improvement Plan.
- Supports School Improvement Plan implementations.
- Evaluates the School Improvement Plan.
- Assists in the decision-making process and approves of expenditures of District Lottery Funds and School Recognition Funds, as well as reviews the school budget.