Polk County Public Schools’ Nutrition Department includes more than 1,000 dedicated professionals who work hard to serve nutritious meals to students every day. Did you know that each school year our district serves more than six million breakfasts and 11 million lunches? We do! We believe that good nutrition is critical to student achievement and the attainment of our district’s mission and goals. We strive to serve fresh, high-quality food and offer local products at every opportunity, including fresh-from-Florida green beans, corn on the cob, strawberries and more!
Have Lunch With Your Child!
At Sandhill Elementary, you are encouraged and welcome to eat lunch with your child! Here are a few rules to be aware of before you arrive.
- Check the scheduled lunch times by grade level listed below.
- Be aware that on early release or special events days, these times may change.
- You are welcome to bring your lunch or purchase a school lunch for yourself.
- If purchasing lunch at school the cost is $3.10, please bring a check made out to Sandhill Elementary
or bring the exact cash amount (the cafeteria manager does not have cash on hand to make change).
- Parents will enter the teachers’ Dining Room to purchase a school lunch.
- Your child will go through the student lunch line before joining you.
- You and your child only will eat lunch together at the picnic tables in the breezeway.
- Because you will be eating outside, please plan for the type of day – hot or cold.
My School Bucks
District Nutrition Information
For more information about food allergies/special diet needs, career opportunities, and Faq’s, visit our district nutrition website below!